Large-format felt banner sourced from Blue Springs High School in Nebraska. The banner makes reference to the year 1924, which is the year that the school's girls basketball team won the state championship. That same year, the Nebraska High School Athletic Association voted to abolish the girls' basketball tournament, acting in the face of protests against girls' athletics. Even in 1924 in Nebraska, while exercise for girls and women was deemed acceptable, competitive sports were considered a masculine endeavor. It was not until 1974-75 that the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers reintroduced women's basketball as a sport. The banner is in outstanding condition, colorful and well preserved, with only the wrinkles for storage and folding evident.